Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Home

Last summer, I wrote a post about home.  It has always been something I've struggled with, "Where are you from?".  This is something that I have to stop and think about.  I have lived in many different places and always lamented that I wasn't from anywhere.

I always wanted to live in the same town for all of my children's lives.  I wanted them to graduate from High School with the same people they went to Kindergarten with.  I wanted them to feel like they belonged to a community.  I wanted them to be from somewhere.

As we are anticipating our move my heart breaks a bit for my children.  They won't grow up with the same people that they have known their entire lives.  They won't have memories of just 1 house, but many houses.  They won't be from anywhere either.

****************************************

Nine years ago today I married my sweetheart.  I wore a beautiful dress, he wore a handsome suit, we promised forever and it was done.  We laughed, we celebrated, we loved.

He is my constant, he is my rock, he is my best friend, he is my everything.

****************************************

As I have been contemplating my feelings about this move, I have realized that really it doesn't matter where we live, as long as we are together.  My family is my home.  Wherever they are, I am home.

I hope to teach my children this so that they don't go through their lives feeling as if they don't belong because they will always belong in the most important place of all - H O M E.

****************************************

I love you Jeremy Dirk.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  You are my favorite.  You are my home.

No comments: