Friday, October 15, 2010

A New Adventure

Last weekend Jeremy, Libby and I made a jaunt to Austin, TX.  Jeremy had an interview on Monday and the company offered to bring me (and Libby!) out also.

We had such a great time.  I was shocked at the heat, even though Lisa kept telling me it really was cool (um, at 85??? I don't think so) and this was Fall!  I still think she is crazy, but getting to hang out with her crazy made the heat worth it.

We ate good food, looked at great houses and started to fall in love with the city.

It's a good thing we started to fall in love because Jeremy got the job.

We are moving to Texas right after Christmas.  I will tell my girls that just because we live in Texas doesn't mean they need to have big hair.  And Seth will not own any Wranglers (or the girls for that matter) either.  Some things just won't fly.

There will be no Fall.  No leaves changing colors, no piles to rake up and jump in, no crisp Autumn weather.  But that also means there will be no snow.  And for those of you who are new here...I loathe snow.  I have lived in the wrong place for not loving snow.  I will miss it on Christmas, but that is it!

So we are headed out on a new adventure.  I am going to miss this place that I have called home for the last 3 1/2 years.  This place where I have watched my children grow, Libby be born, and Seth start school.

Oh and speaking of school. *sigh*  Just the other day I was mercilessly mocking Loralee about her decision to homeschool.  Not that I have anything against homeschooling, I just know her and I know me and I know how difficult it would be for either of us.  Well....looks like I am going to be homeschooling, only for 1 semester*, but STILL.  Be careful what you say, you never know when it is going to come back and bite you in the bum.

So, that is what is going on.  In the next two weeks we are going to be working our rear ends off getting this house ready to put on the market.  Jeremy will leave right after Thanksgiving and the rest of us will follow a month later.  It still seems so surreal.  When we were in New York I never would have guessed that by Christmas our lives would have changed so much.

But, here we go.  I'll put my hand in Jer's and know that everything is going to be alright as long as we are together.

*in response to those who have asked and who will be wondering, I am homeschooling for one semester because we don't want to be rushed into buying a house, so we are going to rent.  My little man has been to two different schools already and I don't want for him to start 2nd grade in his 4th school since Kindergarten.  He has a hard enough time with change, so there we are.  Any ideas or resources you have to share for 1st grade curriculum would be greatly appreciated!!

No comments: