Thursday, September 30, 2010

Community

After a long day of conferencing, eating, talking, laughing, and just being plain goofy, we lay on beds, sit in chairs and are just talking.

Photo by Allison Worthington

Decompressing from the day, talking about our plans, our families, our lives....connecting.

Then, I remember what I had read that morning.  I asked, "did you all read Steph's post today?  Ivy broke her arm".

Instantly the 5 other women in the room gasped and got on their computers.  It was a Saturday, so not many people are online, and not many comments had been left yet.  We sat around reading about sweet Ivy falling off a chair while sleeping and her broken arm.  We laughed at Steph's awesome fashion sense (leg warmer on the offending arm, LOVE IT!) and were so sad for our friend.

This is what it is about.  Community.  This caring for one another.  This love that we share for our sisters. 

This is largely what I spoke about on Saturday.  I spoke with two amazing women about emotional blogging and the negative and positive consequences that come with it.

I pointed out that the positive outweighs the negative time and time again for me.  It is this community, this amazing group of friends that I have made through the last 8 1/2 years, and the ones I will continue to make, that keep me going. 

These amazing women who inspire me, make me laugh, make me think, and tug at my heart strings.  These are amazing people who I am so honored to know, and call my friends. 

This community that I have found, one that I would not have found if not for the internet, these are my people and I am so grateful to have found them.

This is why I do what I do and why I am not going to stop.

No comments: