Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Want, I Need, I Pray

I want to always remember you today
I want time to myself
I want you to know that even though I need time to myself
I still need you
I want you to listen to me, not just hear me
I want you to know how I worry
how I ache
how I long

I need to feel your sweet arms around my neck
I need to hear you say you love me
I need to remember the sound of your voice
I need to remember who you are
I need to see the light in your eyes

I pray that daily I will have strength
to be your Mom
I pray that I can be the Mom you deserve
I pray that I can always remember the goofy smiles
the laughs, the squeals of delight, even the tears
I pray I will remember how lucky I am
how blessed I am
how not so long ago I would have given anything for this
I pray that I will always remember
and that I will find ways to thank you for letting me be
your Mom.

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I've been thinking about you, Kim....

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Love,
Steph

Stephanie said...

Lovely!