Wednesday, October 19, 2011

For-ev-er

I have been thinking of this post for weeks now.  Thinking of how to best describe the man I married.  He is quiet, contemplative, methodical and smart.  He is caring, compassionate and gentle.  He is slow to anger, and loves to laugh and have fun.  He is an amazing Father and wonderful Husband.    

These are just words though.  I am so blessed and grateful to get to know him.
Ten years. I couldn't ask for a better partner for this life and for eternity.
 

It's not every day that you find someone who believes in you more than you believe in yourself.  Someone who stands by you regardless of what you do.  It is magic when you find that person who makes you want to be better, who laughs at the same stupid things you laugh at, that loves the same silly things you love and who pushes you to achieve your dreams.  That is what I found in my husband, my best friend.
 

In the last 10 years I have watched this man go from a 22 year old boy (we were SO young), to a new Father, to a grieving Parent, to a loving Daddy again.  I have watched him struggle with his own demons and always come out on top.  He teaches me what it means to persevere, and truly makes me want to be better.  He is my best friend.  The one I want to tell everything to right away (hence the reason I call or text 15 million times a day). The one I love and would follow to the ends of the Earth. Happy Anniversary babe. I love you more than you will ever know.  I am yours and you are mine...for-ev-er.

No comments: