Monday, November 8, 2010

Epiphany of the Man

Jeremy sat me down the other day and said, "Honey, I think I finally get what it's like for you to be home with the kids all day".  I looked at him a bit in disbelief and, as if reading my mind, he continued.

"When I was working all day, I got to leave the house and get away from the kids.  Even though I was still working, I had some variety at least.  Sure, I  had to come home everyday and do my work at home, but I didn't have to do it 24/7".

I looked at him again with tears in my eyes, I think he actually gets it, I thought.

"So, I've decided that you need to have girls nights out or whatever you need and I will take time during the day for myself to go hit some balls or something.  We both need time away from the kids."

Wow.  That is all I can say, wow.

I have been struggling with this since I became a Mother, almost 8 years ago.  It just took him losing his job for 3 months for him to finally get it!

Husband losing his job = SUCKTASTIC

Husband being home everyday to help you with things = Less Sucktastic


Husband FINALLY understanding what it is like to be you = Awesome.

No comments: