Thursday, August 12, 2010

All Wrapped Up

I walked into the yarn shop with one task at hand.  I needed to find the perfect yarn for my February Lady sweater.  I found the yarn, Cascade 220 (one of my favorites), found the buttons and made my purchase.

I would have gotten out of the store with just that if I was there with just the kids.  But, I had my fellow knitter/partner in crime/bff, Nicole, with me and she spotted the most BEAUTIFUL Clapotis I had ever seen.

The drape was gorgeous, the yarn was like butter, and I knew I had to have it.  We looked at the yarn, made our choices and *gulp* bought it.

This took me about 3 weeks to finish.  I wanted to have it to wear at Blogher, and I got it done...the night before the conference started and blocked it in my hotel room.  If the Yarn Harlot has taught me nothing else, I have learned to block in hotel rooms!


I tried it on and fell in love all over again.  I wore it to two different events during the conference, but since I took virtually NO pictures during the conference, you'll just have to believe me.

After the Conference however, Jeremy and I did some sight seeing.  We went to The Cloisters Museum on Tuesday morning and found it was the perfect place for a photo shoot.





I really do adore this wrap and look forward to many days and nights wearing it.

It seems I am a very bad knitting blogger and neglected to add the specifics of this particular wrap.  So, here you go :)

Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: Araucania Ruca - 2 hanks (to make the full size, you will need 3)
Needles: US 8

No comments: