Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Fun

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....and with a walking little one, ornaments are sure to disappear off the tree faster than I can replace them.  Even though I have plastic ornaments, they still get broken and I really don't want to be stressing about ornaments this year.
So...being the crafty Mama I am, I decided to let my kids make ornaments this year.  And, because I love you all so much, I'll teach you how!

These are really simple and fun to make.  Here's what you need:

Fabric Crayons
Wax Paper
Iron
Fabric
Ribbon
Polyfill

Cut your fabric into squares or rectangles or whatever and let your kids draw whatever they want on them.  Nice Sunday dress is not required, we were just doing this before Church.





When they are done, you are ready to set the crayon.  Place your fabric on your ironing board crayon side up.  Place wax paper on top and then an extra piece of fabric on top of that.

 

Now you're ready to iron and set the crayon.




After you have finished this step, cut backs for the ornaments and get ready to sew and stuff them.  I prefer to do the ironing while the kids are in bed and then let them sit with me while I sew and they stuff.


 
 


When you're done, sew them up and put a bit of ribbon in the top for hanging on the tree.  If you want, you can use your pinking shears and go around the edges to prevent fraying.

I would totally show you ours on the tree, but we haven't decorated the tree yet! What?  I still have a week before Christmas!

This is such a fun activity and I can't wait to see these on my tree.  Something fun and that will help me remember my babies at this age.

No comments: