Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ugh Twitter.

I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter. It all started in February when I would start automatically following people. I like to have the option to follow who I want to, not just because they follow me.

So, I opened a help ticket and asked for help. Two months later I got an email saying that my ticket was closed because no one had the time to help me. So, I did it again, opened another help ticket. This time it was closed in 2 weeks, same reason.

Yesterday my direct messages (private messages between twitterers) started showing up for all the world to see. Annoying huh? I looked for help and found that it happens when people tweet from their phone. I don't tweet from my phone, I can't even text much less tweet!

The last straw was when apparently I was sending direct messages telling people to direct message me. I never did that.

So, I deleted my twitter account and am starting over. If you were following me and now are not, find me. I am @prairiemama. If I was following you and now am not...well, now you know why.

I really hope this doesn't happen again. If it does, then I will have to say buh-bye to Twitter. I bet if I was Ashton Kutcher or Ellen they would have helped me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How annoying!! I'm gonna follow your new account now.

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry all of that is happening. And you're right...I wonder if they would have catered to Ashton if he were having the same problem.

Brittany said...

I think Twitter is...strange. If I could, I'd help you, but I don't know anything about it! Good luck...maybe you should just Facebook instead :o)

Laura Marchant said...

I tried to follow your new one but it says the page doesn't exist. Did I do something wrong?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I posted about it today- hope your people find you again!

Steph

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Wow, thats crappy! :( Following your new name! :)

Heidi said...

I dont Twitter because I think it would bring me to tears every day. ;)