Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Daddy and Emma

Seven years ago we celebrated your first Father's Day. I gave you snickers and a picture. I was just sure you would be the best Father ever. You talked to the baby growing in my belly, kissed my belly, got me A&W Rootbeer Floats at midnight, and took such good care of me.

Daddy and Amelia

In the last 7 years I have watched you grow as a Father and a Man. I've watched as you changed the first diaper, wiped the first spit up, stayed up with a crying baby, held me as I cried, labored, birthed, fed our children.


I have watched you as your eyes lit up at the first smile from our babes, the way you get excited when they say "Dada" first, the pure joy you get from playing with them.

Changing Seth's Diaper

I have held you as you cried and grieved over the loss of our oldest.

Daddy and Emma

I love watching how our little girls have you wrapped around their fingers.

Photobucket
Daddy and Amelia

I love watching how you and Seth are "the boys" and stick together as boys do.

Photobucket
The Boys

I love that I can call you at any time and vent. You are always a Dad, 100% of the time, even at night (thank you for that!).

Daddy and Liberty

You are an amazing Father. Our children are so lucky to have you. I am so lucky to be married to you and to be able to create these little people with you.

I love you so much. Happy Father's Day, babe.

5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, Kim, this made my eyes well up. Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers in your life.

Erin said...

This is such a priceless and beautiful tribute. I love the first one of your husband and Emma, and I love the one of you and your husband in labor.

Heather of the EO said...

That was the best. I love it. And you.

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

You made me cry, too. Happy Father's Day!!

Tiffany said...

I love the Borchert's so much. Thank you for sharing your heart felt love for your husband with us. If only everyone had the same passion for their families as you do yours, the world would be a happier place, with happier families. You are one very lucky woman and I am so blessed to know you and your sweet family. Love you!