Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Maddie

One year ago I had no idea who Madeline Spohr was.  I didn't know her Mom or her Dad.  I had no idea the impact she would make on my life and the lives of so many others.

One year ago today, Madeline Alice Spohr became and Angel.  Today is her Angel day.  She was the first born of her Mama and Daddy and is so loved.  She had big blue eyes and a smile that is sure to melt your heart.

I first wrote about Maddie on April 10 of last year.  Three days after she had been gone.  Three days into her family's nightmare.

I immediately emailed Heather, as I do any Mom when I find out they have lost a baby.  You can feel so alone and it is nice to know you're not.

Heather and I didn't really start corresponding until after Blogher this year though.  You see, Heather became pregnant 1 month after Maddie died.  This was something that I could understand completely.  Lose your first baby and get pregnant right away?  I got it.  The grief compiled with pregnancy hormones is just indescribable.  I only wish I lived closer so I could have gone and actually helped her face to face.

Today is Maddie's Day.  Today is the day her folks will cry and laugh when they think of her.  Today they will hold onto Maddie's little sister, Annie, extra tight and say an extra prayer for her.

Today millions around the globe will remember Maddie and send prayers, thoughts, and good energy to help uplift those who miss and love Madeline oh so much.

I didn't know Maddie in this life, I am so glad I have had the chance to get to know her through Heather though.

Today I pray Maddie's spirit can be with her Mama and Daddy and they can feel her close.  I pray that other babies who are born so early and have damaged lungs will receive the care they need so no more parents have to do the unthinkable, say goodbye to their babies.

Today I hold Heather, Mike and Annie close in my heart.

And today, in honor of Maddie, everything sale in my Etsy shop will be donated to March of Dimes.

No comments: