Monday, October 24, 2011

Crafty Crafterton

I've been up to a little crafting business. A few weeks ago, I went to a craft night at Lindsay's house. It was so fun to meet some new friends, and get my craft on. And, while I admit mine wasn't the cutest pumpkin at the end of the night, I was inspired to make a few other things.
First up, freezer paper pillow covers.  This was SO easy.  I traced a stencil on a piece of freezer paper.  Then, I cut out the inside of the stencil and ironed the freezer paper (shiny side down) to the fabric.  After it was ironed, I just used black fabric paint and filled in the cut out space.  After it dried, I peeled off the paper and finished making my pillow covers.  I love how they turned out and think I am going to do more of these for all seasons!
My small Halloween decorations have even gotten my kids in the mood for decorating...
I also made some great "rule boards" for my kids rooms.
And of course Jeremy's family is coming here for Thanksgiving, so we will definitely be having a girls crafting day. I think some fun necklaces are on the must do list.  Any other great suggestions you all have?
How about you? What crafting are you doing for the holidays?

No comments: