Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Love Pregnancy :: Million Moms Challenge

When I was a teenager, I knew that I would want drugs when I had a baby.  My favorite thing to say was, "God gave man the smarts to invent drugs for a reason.  Stick that needle in my back and give me relief!"

When I found myself pregnant with my first child however, I my tune was different.  My sister had two homebirths, and while I knew I would NEVER do that (never say never) she had really good experiences both times.  My sister-in-law had just had a baby two years earlier in a birth center, and I thought that was such a great alternative.


I had researched and knew exactly how I wanted birth to be.  I knew that I would have a natural, drug-free birth with a Certified Nurse Midwife in the hospital.  I knew my baby would be born gently, peacefully and would nurse right away.

Continue reading at ABC News.