Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms


Looks scrumptious doesn't it?  Last week I was in the grocery store and I saw stuffed portabello mushrooms in the refrigerated section at the grocery store.  They looked so good, but I knew I could make them myself and that they would taste even better than those.

So, I made them and seriously they were AMAZING.  Everyone in my house loved them and we will absolutely make them again.  Here is the recipe.

Six Portobello Mushrooms
1 lb. spinach (I used fresh, chopped up)
2-3 cloves garlic
10 or so artichoke hearts (more or less depending on how much you like)
1/2 onion - chopped
1/2 pepper - chopped (we used red, but any color will be yummy)
tomatoes
basil
pepper
salt
mozzarella cheese

Preheat your oven to 350.  Remove mushroom stems and scrape out the gills.  Brush bottom of mushrooms with Italian dressing and place in a 9x13 pan, lined with foil.

Sautee onions and garlic in olive or coconut oil.  Add spinach and cook until it has wilted.  Then add artichokes, pepper, a few generous dashes of basil, some salt and pepper. 

Spoon into mushrooms, top with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.  Eat hot and ENJOY!!!

No comments: