Friday, December 4, 2009

Something Fun for the Weekend

This weekend I will be celebrating Christmas with my folks and siblings.  It should be fun, as long as no one talks politics HA!.  So, I thought I'd leave you with a meme.  I rarely do these, but TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season, and to enter I am sharing this meme with YOU! (aren't you lucky??) So, here it goes!

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
some time to sew, wool socks, slippers, silver hoop earrings and a date with my man.  Pretty simple I think :)

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received? My Grandma used to make me clothes when I was a kid. I remember one year she made me this dress, it was red and white striped and the sleeves were like bat wings, they went from my waist to my wrists.  I loved that dress and thought I was SO cool in it. Just the fact that she would take the time to make me something so cool really meant a lot to me.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? I have been knitting a sweater for my husband for almost a year.  I would LOVE to get it finished for him for Christmas (but don't know that it will happen)

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? I remember getting a journal when I was 8.  I loved that thing.  It was blue with a unicorn on the front.  I loved having a place, where even then, I could write...even if it was about boys and my brothers being dumb.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? Seth wants a BIG Buzz and Woody, Amelia wants a "Dressing Gown", Libby...well, she doesn't know what she wants, but would be THRILLED with a baby or two.

6. What is your favorite holiday food? Every Christmas Eve growing up we would have smoked turkey and wassail.  It just wouldn't be Christmas without it.

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? I am making my children robes, a doll for Seth, and a few other things that I can't talk about here because I know that those who I am making them for read this blog!

8. What is your favorite holiday movie? A Christmas Story hands down.

9. Favorite holiday song? 
Merry Christmas, Darling by the Carpenters.  I love singing with Karen Carpenter and this one is no different!

10. Favorite holiday pastime? I love decorating, caroling (although we don't do it much with my little family), counting down to Christmas...but I really love baking for my friends and neighbors and delivering all the goodies.  It is just such a fun time of year.

No comments: