Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vintage

I love old things. I love the stories that they tell. I love holding fabric, yarn, a hand sewn or knitted item and just imagining the love and time that went into that creation. I love to imagine what the people were like that wore them, made them, loved them.

Do these look familiar? They were hanging on my line on Sunday getting some fresh air. You see, they have been in boxes for years and years just waiting for someone to tell their story, someone to give them a home and place them on sweet babies. They have been waiting...


Recently, I was given the opportunity to help someone sell their vintage wares. What a treat it is. Each of these items were lovingly made in the late 1940's, at least that is what we are guessing. I will be updating my shop with many baby items; rompers, gowns, robes, jackets, slips...but I also have a lot of beautiful hand embroidered and tatted pillowcases and dish towels. The attention to detail in each of these items is just astounding.


So, if you love vintage, or know of someone who does, please send them my way. You will not be disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the simple lines in vintage baby clothes. My MIL's friend gave me some vintage dresses (1900-ish, I think) when Bug was born. They were very yellowed & by the time I got around to researching the best way to restore them, she'd already outgrown them. :( Now, I'm not sure what to do with them!

Kim said...

You could frame them and decorate a little girls room with them. That is totally what I would do :)

Esther Crawford said...

So cute! It's times like this that I look forward to someday adding a girl to the family. :)

Print Brochures said...

I love old things also. The story that old things tell are really precious for me. It's nice that you had this cool opportunity. Great!