Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stories

One of the things I came away from Blogher with was this; we all have a story to tell, be authentic and tell yours.

This is something I strive to do. I want to tell my story. Some days I am still trying to figure out what that story is.

I am a woman, daughter, granddaughter, niece, aunt, sister, friend, wife, lover, mother...the list goes on.

My story starts before I was born and continues to today. What will become of my story tomorrow, I don't know.

I want to share with you my story, the things that make me who I am. I share a lot of the parts of me that have to do with Mothering, Grieving, Wifeing (is that a word? No? It is now), Crafting. But there is so much more.

There are parts that I don't share, and won't share. There are parts that are mine, and mine only.

Why do I tell my story? I am I really that narcissistic to think that you all care about me and what I have experienced and have to say? Well, yes, I am. That is part of blogging. We write, we create and in the end, we hope it touches someone and inspires someone to do better, be better.

So, starting today, I am going to start telling stories. I would love to say that it will be "Storytime Monday" or something clever like that, but I am not that reliable. I hope that the stories I have to tell will help you learn more about me, teach you and inspire you. But if they don't, that is okay, I usually learn more about myself by writing than anything.

What's your story? Are you telling it?

8 comments:

Susan B. at warmchocmilk said...

Yes! I just started blogging and I am loving it. I'm actually sleeping better at night now. It's like I'm getting everything off my mind. I've thought that too, am I really that egotistical that I think someone whould care about my story?? Mainly I write it for me (but of course I love it when people read...and especially when they comment) but I've found that people do want to hear. I get positive feedback and it makes me feel good about my writing.....and myself.

Get Real Girl said...

I have only been blogging since February and it has been such a great experience for me. I discovered while on vacation in January that I do have a story to tell. Even if I am the only one that reads it. Blogging also keeps me sane some days as a SAHM when it feels like I have been talking to little people all day.

Kalli Ko said...

Oooh yes, yes!

Elaine A. said...

Great plan. I try to remember to tell some of my stories but then I get caught up in other things and that plan goes out the window... Looking forward to reading yours for sure!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Kim!

It is crazy how alike our minds are. I have a series in draft that I originally wanted to start for my kids- so that they can know my stories and know how things smelled and sounded in all parts of my life- I'm not planning to be chronological and I am calling it The Story Of My Life. I think everyone should do something like this! I wish my own parents had... Or would.

Steph

Deb said...

great idea! i will love reading yours. it would take a lot of thought to come up with any of my own. that would be worth reading, anyway.

Elizabeth said...

I've been thinking of doing something similar. I love the idea of sharing some special stories of our lives, especially so our kids will know and remember them. I look forward to reading yours!

amy turn sharp of doobleh-vay said...

so glad that we met lovely! xxoxo amy