Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How I'm Doing


Remember I told you all about my goals for this year? I told you that I want to be healthier and eat better? I told you that I wanted to stop yelling at my kids? Well, it's time to be accountable.
I have not had any refined sugar, animal products, or more than 1 C. of whole grains since January 2. In that time I have lost 10 lbs! YIPEE!!! I am now where I was before Thanksgiving. 16 more pounds and I'll be at my pre-pregnancy weight, which is where I really want to be by my birthday on February 11. At that time I will have sugar again (I really want some good cake or cupcakes or something yummy like that).

As for the yelling...well, I am doing better :) Baby steps right? Another goal I have is to play with my kids more and say yes a lot more often. So, right now Seth asked to play with me, so I said yes. I am going to get off the computer more and play a lot more.

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good for you Kim!! That's AWESOME you've lost that already..I must be gaining what you've lost..lol I need the determination you have...lately I've been down on myself and not having the backbone to change my habits...I've excerised but not like I should...boooo!!!

Keep up the good work!!

mj1st said...

Wow! Awesome job on the weight loss, Kim!

Unknown said...

Awesome! That is incredible progress!

Christy M. said...

WAY TO GO! You are doing an awesome job. AWESOME.

Heather of the EO said...

WOW. Good for you! Keep it up, lady.

Mama bee said...

That's great, Kim! You're doing awesome.

My Year Without said...

Yeah!!! No sugar! I am beginning year two of no sugar...it feels so good that I plan on keeping it out of my diet. I'm glad you are sticking to your goals and reaping the benefits!

*Lissa* said...

Wow!! You are doing just AWESOME!!!!

Me said...

Great Job on the weight loss! I am new to your blog and love reading it!

Anonymous said...

10 pounds so far this MONTH? That's great!