Thursday, November 20, 2008

Vegeterian Life - Day 5


Chili is the epitome of fall food for me. I didn't always like it, actually it hasn't been until recently that I have grown to love this food. This recipe, Jeremy came up with. I absolutely adore it, as do my children. Grab some corn bread or saltine crackers and ENJOY!

Ingredients:

1 lb. dried beans (soaked and cooked) -- or 4 cans of kidney and black beans drained and rinsed.
1 med-lg onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, chpped or pressed
2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
2 T. chili powder (I actually use 1 T. cause I'm a wimp)
1 1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Put it all in a pot and cook until heated through. I like to let it cook for at least 30 minutes.

**ok, this one isn't completely vegetarian. It has some smoked pork that Jeremy made this fall in it. It is divine. But, it is also really good without the meat :)

No comments: