Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Full.

Seriously. So full. I ate 8 pieces of pie last night. I'm a wee bit embarrassed to even admit that, but I just couldn't stop. We had chocolate, pecan, blueberry banana, apple and peach. How could I not eat all that pie? Also, how could I not take pictures of all that pie?? I am looking at my camera for pictures of Thanksgiving, and I did not take one. Not one single picture. So, you'll just have to imagine the beautiful turkey, my nice place settings and the beautiful people that filled my home.

Jeremy's family was here, and we had so much fun. This whole week revolved around food. Everything we did had to do with where we would go to eat after. Here are some highlights of our week.
  • The house was crowded and loud. I loved it.
  • I loved sitting around with my sisters-in-law while we nursed the babies and could just chat.
  • I loved having my father-in-law take Jeremy power shopping...we got some good stuff for our kitchen!! Thanks again Greg!
  • I loved getting our family pictures taken at the park. The weather was beautiful, we couldn't have asked for it to be any better!
  • I loved the turkey brine that was brought from Williams Sonoma and that made our turkey so delicious! Thanks Brad and Karen!
  • It was so much fun having the cousins together. It will be even more fun when mine aren't the only hellions! :)
  • Going to Ikea for the first time. WOW. That's all I can say.
  • Libby's baby blessing on Sunday. It was great having almost all of our entire families here for it. And...the food was good too!
  • Saying goodbye to Jeremy's Grandpa Syl. He died on the 16th. His funeral was on Monday. Knowing that he is with my sweet Emma now gives me such peace. He has battled Parkinson's for many years, so knowing that he is free from the toils of his body, is really a blessing.
  • Food, food, food. We ate at many great restaurants, laughed a lot, and had so much fun.
Now, other than the sound of my fingers clicking on the keyboard, my husband singing to my babies and my sweet little one sleeping in my arms, my house is quiet. We've cleaned up (some), braved a couple stores (Joann's and Hobby Lobby), had a little snooze -- me, bought some Christmas presents -- Jeremy, and had a lazy evening at home.

It is good. Oh so good. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat some more pie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Eat some for me. With all those kinds how could you not!? Sounds wonderful!

Heather of the EO said...

Whenever there's more than one dessert, I have to eat each one too. I wouldn't want to miss out on what could be my favorite ever :)

I'm so glad you had a nice time!