Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday Inspriation::Joyful Photography

Today's Tuesday Inspriation is my dear friend, Sarah Long.  Sarah and I have been friends for 7 years (wow, has it really been that long Sar??).  We were both interpreters in the Olathe, KS school district and would carpool to inservices together.  She and her husband, Jason, became good friends and remain so now.



Six years ago, when I was very pregnant with Emma, Sarah offered to take my belly photos, and I happily took her up on it.  She was just getting started in the photo business, and it is really fun for me to see how she has progressed.



When Seth was 14 months old, we got together with Sarah and Jason and she did our family photos again.  And again, she amazed me!





Last August, the kids and I went to visit my folks in Omaha.  Sarah and her family, came up to visit.  She took lots of great pictures while we were there, and did my kiddo's photos too!





When Sarah does pictures, it is very rarely the "staged" photos we are all used to.  She captures families and children in the moment and helps you to keep those memories forever.

Last November was our most recent photo shoot with Sarah.  We were in Kansas for Thanksgiving, and she did the Borchert family photos.  It was especially fun for a couple of reasons.  First, we went back to Lawrence for the pictures and second, we had an 11 day old baby there!





See, and as if that isn't enough, she puts the pictures into storyboards also!



Honestly, this woman is amazing, and inspires me to find the joy in life.  She has 2 beautiful children, a booming photography business, and is just one of the sweetest people you could ever meet.

So friends, meet Sarah Long, Mama, Friend and owner of Joyful Photography. And, to my readers and friends in Kansas, CALL HER!!!  She is AMAZING and does absolutely wonderful work.

Mwah!  Love you Sar!

No comments: