Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gratitude Sunday

I have had a really good week and a fantastic weekend, so I have much to be grateful for!

1. My children.  Seriously, they make me laugh. Hard.  So, we have decided to start recording the really funny things they say.  I got this fabulous idea to keep it all here.  We started yesterday and already have 2 in our jar.  Those two are nutty, that is for sure!

2. Kitchen Gadgets.  They are so nice.  We eat a lot of salad around here (I mean, A LOT) and love almonds on our salad.  So, yesterday Jeremy got a nut chopper that we can chop a bunch at a time and keep them in the chopper.  Makes our nut chopping so much easier!

3. Going to visit family yesterday.  We had so much fun, eating, laughing and talking with everyone.  So much so, that I did not take my camera out of the bag once.  So, while Libby got LOTS of hugs and snuggles from her cousins, aunts and uncles (and Meemaw and Grandpa, of course!), I have no photos to show for it.

4. The heater in our home.  Sadly it is 39 degrees outside and snowing.  Yes, you read that right, it is SNOWING!  I'm very glad that I am not outside in that snow.

5. My son.  I know, I just said my children, but he really deserves one of his own today.  Every year in our church, the children ages 3-12 give a presentation about what they've been learning this year.  Today was that day.  I have always been so excited to watch my children go up, sing the songs they've learned and say their little part.  Seth and I have been practicing his part for 2 weeks and singing the songs religiously.  So, I was so excited today to have it be the Primary Program!  He went up there and promptly decided that he didn't want to be sitting up there, didn't like where he had to sit, didn't want to sing, just wanted to do his part, just wanted his dad, just wanted his mom, he was thirsty, he was tired...it went on and on.  Jeremy sat up on the stand with him for a little while, and then was able to go back down.  But then Seth kept getting up, coming down into the congregation to be with us, blah, blah, blah.  Finally (after bribing him with the promise of Mike and Ikes) he went up and sat down.  He sang the rest of the songs...even though he was standing right next to the pulpit and one of the teachers had to keep grabbing him to get him down from a step stool, he really did great.  I couldn't help but laughing.  I don't know how other parents get their children to sit still and sing, mine don't, and really, I'm grateful for that.  He keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh so hard.  I love you Bubs!

No comments: