Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What is THAT?!?!

Is it a woman on a bike, pulling 2 kids in a trailer, with a watermelon in her shirt??  No, it would just be ME, very pregnant, but not willing to give up bike riding.

I love living in a small town.  I love that we can bike virtually anywhere we want to.  I love that my bike is more upright so that I can ride.  I don't love that it is getting harder and harder to go up small hills while riding though.  I think my days are limited...but I am going to do it as long as I can.

I know that bike riding isn't for everyone..but with the cost of gasoline and the economy the way it is, we all need to be finding some way to conserve energy.  So, if you aren't a bike rider, get out your good walking shoes, or take the bus.  Let's give our planet a break and start being a bit smarter about how, when and if we drive.  Come on, if a 32 week pregnant woman can do it, you can too right??

No comments: