Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Mother's Day Tribute

So, I know, Mother's Day isn't for another week (oh how I love that day..NO DIAPERS FOR ME!!!), but over at 5 Minutes for Mom, they are doing a contest. Win $1000!!!! I love that :) So, here is one of my favorite Motherhood photos.


I love this picture, for many reasons. I call this one, Beginning of the Road. This was taken when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my first child. I had no idea what was in store for me. This was the beginning of the road of Motherhood.


This child taught me what real love is, what it is to really worry, to really laugh and to really grieve. I held her in my arms for 8 months and 8 days, then she suddenly left this life. However, she continues to teach me. As I raise her younger brother, sister, and new sibling coming in September, I am reminded of her. When I have those days when I don't think I can do it anymore, I feel her next to me, encouraging me, cheering me on, giving me a snuggle.


She continues to teach me, and that is what Motherhood is all about, learning, growing, laughing, loving. Thank you Emma, thank you for making me a Mother, and helping me be a better one everyday.





Photo by Sarah Long of Joyful Photo Co.

No comments: