Sunday, March 16, 2008

So Much to Say, So Little Time

Seriously, I have SO much to tell you guys, but I have so little time.  So, this will be a very picture heavy post, they tell the story much better than I can.

p3060014-small.jpg


p3060015-small.jpg



First up, Happy Birthday to me!  My Mom made this beautiful quilt for J and I!!! I LOVE IT!!!!   Wanna see what else she spoiled me with?????


p3140001-small.jpg

Oh yes, it's a new sewing machine for ME!!!  She said that I need a good machine for all the sewing I do.  THANK YOU MOM!!!  I LOVE IT!


So, do you want to see what I have made with it?  Ok, you can't see everything because I forgot to take pictures of the CUTE dresses I made for a gal in Florida (Hi A!!).  But, I've been a busy bee making things for me and starting to make my dresses for the Market.


p3060013-small.jpg

p3060018-small.jpg

I made this skirt for ME!  I got the fabric and the pattern for my birthday.  The pattern is free, but not free to print off.  By the way, these pictures were taken by S.  He's getting really good with the camera!


p3140003-small.jpg

p3140004-small.jpg

 This super cute bag is from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing Book.  I LOVE this book!!!  This was my first embroidery project and my first time doing a bag lining.  It was a bit tricky, but so worth the stress.  In that bag above are 3 knitting projects (not socks, big ones!), my wallet, phone, iPod, and other Motherly necessities!!!  It is huge!  I love it!


So, that's my sewing I've done.  I love it!!!  Now, I have been such a slacker and not posted about what I got from Half Pint Pixie  for Pay it Forward.  This is an extra special little something because it came from Ireland!  Check it out!

p3040005-small.jpg

p3040006-small.jpg

p3040007-small.jpg

p3040008-small.jpg

 I love it all!!  These beautiful handmade gift tags, sweet paper flowers and the great patch.  You rock HPP!


Look at this lamp.  This is in my sewing room.  It makes me so happy.  This lamp was in my room as a child and was made by my great-grandmother. Each of our names and birthday's are on it (5 kids) and now the grandkid's names and birthdays are on it.  It is not updated, so that is going to be my job.  I don't mind.  I love it so much and it just fits in my sunny yellow sewing room!

p3140002-small.jpg


Whew!  I got it all in.  Sorry, no house pictures this time.  I need to get some more unpacking done first! :)  I am almost done with Miss A's longies, so be watching for pictures of those.  They are super cute!


Now, you saw that I got a pay it forward gift, so now it's my turn to pay it forward.  I will choose 3 people at random and you will get a handmade gift.  I don't know when exactly you will get it, but I promise it will be before December 31, 2008!  Hopefully before this little bean is born in September :)  So, leave me a comment here, or anywhere on my blog really, and I'll choose 3 at random.


No comments: