Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WIP's and a FO!

Ok, I have been busily working over here. Not all knitting, but most. On Saturday, S had a birthday party for one of his best little friends, O. She is a princess in every sense of the word, sweet, feisty, lovey...you name it, that's O. So here she is opening her gift.


pc010032-small.jpg




pc010034-small.jpg



pc010035-small.jpg


 


pc010039-small.jpg


Last Friday, we went downtown and S was wearing a way too small hat.  It was snowing and I realized that this child really needed a hat.  So, on Sunday, I let him pick out some yarn and I cast on for the EarWarmer Hat from Little Turtle Knits.  I love this pattern.  It is so quick and easy and really fun.  I finished it last night and this morning he was very excited to model it for me!


pc040055-small.jpg






pc040056-small.jpg




So, do you want to see his sad excuse for a hat that he was wearing?  I swear, this is SUCH an improvement!


pb300025-small.jpg





We got that hat for him when he was 18 months old.  That was 2 years ago!!!  YIKES!  Poor kid.

Now for my WIP's.

First, when we were in Kansas City, I got some YUMMY yarn.  This is Cascade Ecological Wool.  I really like it and can't wait to knit it up.


pc040001-2-small.jpg





I have also been feverishly (until I had to make a hat for someone!) working on S's sweater.  I am doing the sleeves and they are SLOW going.  I am doing them both at once.  I keep telling myself that as soon as I finish the sleeves I'll be almost done and he will be in the warmth of my love for the rest of the winter.  So, I keep knitting :)


pc040003-4-small.jpg




 





And finally, those blasted socks.  I've been working on these socks for a year now.  I really want them to be perfect.  While we were on our trip, I was getting ready to do the heel when I realized that I'd only cast on 56 stitches.  Now, J is skinny, but that is a way too small sock for him.  So, I had to rip it out, completely.  So, I am working on it again.  My new goal is to get it done for his birthday in February.  I should be able to do that.  That is, if nothing else catches my eye and tells me I must knit it! ;)


pc040004-5-small.jpg





So, the holiday's are upon us and I will be sewing a crown for each of my children, making 2 wands and a fairy skirt.  Those are my sewing adventures :)

Happy Holiday Knitting and Crafting to all of you!


No comments: