Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Knits

Dear Knitting Friends,

As Knitters, you know as well as I do that hand knit items gifted to us are few and far between.  I mean seriously, why go to all that time and energy to knit something for someone who could make it themselves and might see any minute mistakes you may have made?  Because of these reasons, I know I have never really thought much about knitting for my knitting friends.

But, I have a plea request for you, my darling knitting friends.  When the time comes that I am with child again, would you please knit some sweet baby things for this babe?

I see Mamas who knit for their babies throughout their pregnancies, and then after the baby is born they are wrapped up in hand knit goodness.  I so want to do that, but it just won't happen this time.

Why, you ask?  Well for starters, I have these 3 kids who demand a lot of my time and attention.  And really, I don't mind that because if I did then I wouldn't be excitedly contemplating adding to that dilemma.  But that isn't the only reason.

I am also a slow knitter.  It's true.  Remember that it took me a year and a half to finish a pair of socks for Jeremy!??!  Or how about the sweater that took me a year for that guy?  I'm not the speediest around.

And finally, I am planning on starting this sweater for myself.  See here is what is going to happen.  I am going to get knocked up and then be super hot all winter long.  I will not want to wear my bulky wool coat because I will already feel bulky enough as it is.  So, I need the February Lady sweater knit for me.


So, that is why I am asking you, my darling friends who are so talented in the fiber arts, please knit some things for this next baby so that s/he isn't without something darling and warm and knit with love.

Thanks so much.  I promise if you find yourself in the same predicament, I will return the favor.  Your baby might be 18 when you get your knit item, but I will pay it back.

Yours Truly,
Me.

P.S.  Wondering what I want to have knit for this babe?  Oh boy....LONGIES, Diaper Covers, Round Baby Blanket, Toys, and maybe a cute kimono jacket or sweater.  I don't want much really, just a few things to show this baby that I was thinking of him/her.

P.P.S If you don't knit (as many of my readers don't) don't fear, I am sure you have a friend or an aunt or a Grandma that does, just put them on the job!

P.P.P.S. Just kidding.  Kind of.  Well, you know, if they would want to do it and wouldn't mind that would be awesome, but I don't want you begging or anything.

P.P.P.P.S. Save the begging for me.

P.P.P.P.P.S. Oh, and I can pay you in chocolate.

No comments: