For our trip I made some mental lists. Things that I wanted to do with my family, things I want to do with my husband, things I want to do by myself (of course with the wee one attached at all times!).
Our family list is getting checked off daily.
- Drive to Meemaw and Grandpa's for an overnighter -- Check
- Go to Grandma and Grandpa's -- Check
- See Fireflies and eat S'mores -- Check
- Stay up late reading books with Grandma -- Check
- Yesterday we went to Worlds of Fun with the Grandparents and had a blast. Jeremy and I did the Rip Cord. Yes my friends, 180 feet in the air and I pulled the rip cord. It was AMAZING. Oh my gosh. I want to do it again and again and again.
- Today we went to Deanna Rose Farmstead. The kids got to feed goats, play on the playground, pet the cows, go in an old one room schoolhouse, ride a pony and fish. Other than a slight scare with a goat (my sweet niece is terrified of the goats!), we had a fantastic time. If you are in the Kansas City area, you must go here, it is FREE and fun!
- Go to Lawrence and see old friends -- Wednesday
- Go to on a date with my husband while we have a free babysitter -- hopefully tomorrow.
- Go to BlogHer thanks to the nice folks at Signing Time -- Thursday!!!
- Party, party, party -- all weekend!
- Learn lots on how to make my blog better for you, my dear readers -- all weekend!
- Sunday; come back to KC and play more with the family
- Go to my folks house (Meemaw and Grandpa) for a few days -- coming soon!
As you can see, there is much I have done and much I will keep doing. My lists never end. So I am trying really hard just to take it one day at a time and enjoy each day. If I don't, summer will be done and Seth in Kindergarten before I know it.
So, since time won't slow down, I think I will just have to.