Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Before that, I must do This!

I have lists. Lots of lists. Things I want to do, things I am going to do, things I will never do. Lists, lists everywhere.

For our trip I made some mental lists. Things that I wanted to do with my family, things I want to do with my husband, things I want to do by myself (of course with the wee one attached at all times!).

Our family list is getting checked off daily.

  • Drive to Meemaw and Grandpa's for an overnighter -- Check
  • Go to Grandma and Grandpa's -- Check
  • See Fireflies and eat S'mores -- Check
  • Stay up late reading books with Grandma -- Check
  • Yesterday we went to Worlds of Fun with the Grandparents and had a blast. Jeremy and I did the Rip Cord. Yes my friends, 180 feet in the air and I pulled the rip cord. It was AMAZING. Oh my gosh. I want to do it again and again and again.
  • Today we went to Deanna Rose Farmstead. The kids got to feed goats, play on the playground, pet the cows, go in an old one room schoolhouse, ride a pony and fish. Other than a slight scare with a goat (my sweet niece is terrified of the goats!), we had a fantastic time. If you are in the Kansas City area, you must go here, it is FREE and fun!
  • Go to Lawrence and see old friends -- Wednesday
  • Go to on a date with my husband while we have a free babysitter -- hopefully tomorrow.
  • Go to BlogHer thanks to the nice folks at Signing Time -- Thursday!!!
  • Party, party, party -- all weekend!
  • Learn lots on how to make my blog better for you, my dear readers -- all weekend!
  • Sunday; come back to KC and play more with the family
  • Go to my folks house (Meemaw and Grandpa) for a few days -- coming soon!

As you can see, there is much I have done and much I will keep doing. My lists never end. So I am trying really hard just to take it one day at a time and enjoy each day. If I don't, summer will be done and Seth in Kindergarten before I know it.

So, since time won't slow down, I think I will just have to.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Yeah for Lawrence!!! Best. town. ever.

:)

Anonymous said...

Emma starts kindergarten this year too. We did our clothes back to school shopping yesterday. I panic a little more as it is getting closer, and here I thought I was ready.

Stef said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full! I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Liz G. said...

Andrew loves to go to Deanna Rose. If you have any free time while you're in town or want to stop by our house, you are welcome to visit. We'd love to see you and your growing family.(we are in olathe)