Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide Part 1

It's the most wonderful time....of the year.  Come on, sing it with me! 

This is the time of year when my children start getting their lists of what they want/need/deserve ready and every toy we pass in the store is something they simply MUST have.

This is the time of year when many parents I know make themselves crazy with worry and doubt in trying to find the perfect gift.

This year, I decided to do a little Holiday Gift Guide with some of our favorite things.  These are items that my children love and I think yours will too!


We are really big with creative play around here.  Playsilks from Nova Natural are at the top of our list.  We first got some of these the year Seth was 2.  Immediately, they became a cape for our masked crusader.





They have since become headscarves, slings, princess dresses, rock star outfits, really anything you can imagine.




003

Or maybe I should say, they have become anything my children can imagine.  These have been such a great investment and I have not regretted once having bought them.

On the same creative note, my children LOVE Play-doh.  This is something that I can get out and they will sit for HOURS and play with each other.  They love to mix the colors (which kills me a little bit), create new things and when they're done, put it away to start again another day.


















This year at Blogher, I was able to meet the great folks from Play-Doh.  They were kind enough to send my kiddos this great new set, the Dog and her Puppies.  They have had so much fun with this, and really so have I!

We love reading in our house.  Anything that will capture my childrens' imaginations and is fun for me to read too, is a big plus!  I have talked about these books before, but my holiday guide wouldn't be complete without mentioning them!!  The How to Train Your Dragon Books are perfect for your little Viking.  They are really quite different from the movie, I think only similarities are the names, so they are a lot of fun to read for everyone!

Next to Legos, Automoblox are a favorite toy around my house.  All of my kids (including Jeremy) love them.  Being able to mix and match and build different cars is so much fun for them. 



I love that they are made of wood, my kids love the colors, and how fast they go!  We have started out with the Mini Set.  It comes with the 3 you see above for only $30.  These are a must have for your little car loving kiddo!

These are just a few of my kiddos favorite toys and all are very affordable, which is vital for our family!

*I was not compensated for any of this post.  I wrote about things I love and have bought with my very own money, except for the Play-Doh (which was sent to me by the great folks at Blogher).

Stay tuned for Part 2 which will have some great giveaways!!!

No comments: