Friday, January 1, 2010

Another Angel

Tuesday evening another Angel earned her wings. Her name is Ella, she is 6 years old, loves princesses and art, has 2 brothers and a baby sister.  She is one of the sweetest little girls I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

Her Mom has been one of my dear friends for the last 9 years.  We met at church when I moved back to Kansas in 2001.  We got married within 6 months of each other and I confessed my new pregnancy to her right before she had her first baby.  We lived on the same street as newly weds and new parents.  She came and cleaned up my amniotic fluid and lined my car with Chux pads when my water broke with Emma.  She brought us dinner, we watched each other's babies when we needed breaks...she cried with me when Emma died.  We never would have dreamed that she would be in this terrible club.

One year and 20 days ago, her daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  She was told that Ella would not live to see the Spring flowers.  Ella lived.  She touched so many lives.  She is loved by so many.  When we were out in Kansas this Summer, we went to visit their family.  Ella and I talked about Emma and I promised her that when she was scared and sad that my Emma would come and help her.  I know that they are together right now.

My heart is breaking for my dear friend.  This time is so hard.  The pain is so intense, yet the situation is so surreal. 

For her, I snuggled my babies just a bit longer tonight than normal.  I held them each, looked at them, and thanked the Heavens that my kids are all healthy right now.  For her, I said a prayer and asked that she be lifted up and comforted.  For her, my dear friend, I will light a candle and remember her darling Angel.

No comments: