Monday, December 29, 2008

Recovering


We are recovering from Christmas. It was fun, glorious, crazy, and well, fantastic. I didn't take any pictures of the kids opening their gifts, I was too busy helping them and just reveling in the moment.

Santa did get Seth the red light saber though. *sigh* My Dad wanted to get Amelia a purple light saber so she would have one of her own. I got to thinking and realized that a certain little boy would have his heart absolutely broken if his sister got what he had been asking for. So, they both got light sabers. Call me a sucker, I don't care. He was thrilled and so was she :)

They also got a new wooden kitchen like this one. We used money from the Grandparents to stock the kitchen with all the dishes and such that they would need. It is a HUGE hit, I am SO glad we got it for them.

We also went to see my sister and brothers and their families for 2 days after Christmas. It was so much fun. Eating, playing Wii, no fighting...it was FANTASTIC!



Ok, see that rocket that Amelia is holding? Well, I found it on this fabulous Etsy shop. I bought it on Sunday before Christmas. I realized that I was missing something for Seth's stocking and he had been asking for a toy wooden rocket. I bought it, $12 and free shipping!!!, and sent a little note asking that it be sent as soon as possible since it was to be a Christmas gift. It wasn't here for Christmas, so I told Seth that Santa knows how much he loves mail, so he is sending him something in the mail. He was SO excited.

When we got home from visiting family on Saturday, there was a package. I helped him open in and inside was not one rocket, but THREE! Scott (we call him Santa at our house) sent a little note saying that he noticed we had 3 wee ones, and since it is the season of giving, he sent us 3!!! My kids have had so much fun playing with these rockets. They are made SO well, and finished with linseed oil.

If you have a little one in your house who loves all things that fly, go buy a rocket from Santa. He rocks.

My favorite part of Christmas? Being with my family. Watching the joy on my children's faces as they opened their gifts and watched Jeremy and I open our gifts from them. They are just such wonderful little people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds just wonderful. Glad that you all had a lovely Christmas. That is just awesome about the toy rocket. And THAT is why I just love Etsy. It's the people behind everything they sell just as much as what they are selling. :) Hope you have a very happy New Year!