I bought a Bing Crosby CD this Christmas for $5.00. One of the songs is, "Let's Start the New Year Right". It's been going through my head all day today. What does it mean to me? How am I going to start the New Year right?
I don't like resolutions because, for me, they always end up one way -- FAILED. I am really bad at them. Mostly because they have to do with weight loss and well...that just isn't a fun topic for me.
So, this year, I am going to make some goals (I like that better than resolutions). And not just the standard "be nice, lose weight, improve myself" goals. But really specific ones. And, because I need to be accountable...I'm sharing them with you! (don't you feel lucky?)
1. Eat Vegan for 6 weeks (starting Friday). This means, NO animal products of any kind. In addition, I will cut out all sugar and have 1 C. of grains a day.
2. Yell Less. I have to be realistic and know my limits. But, I can definitely yell less. I have a pretty short temper, so I want to yell less, like a lot less...like a couple times a week.
3. Search, Ponder, and Pray -- a lot more. I really want to form a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ this year. I know, it sounds kind of cheezy, but it's true. I don't rely enough on the power and wisdom of God, and I need to do that more this year.
4. Be more gentle with the little people in my life. I often forget whose they really are (not mine) and the great responsibility I have to raise them.
5. Laugh more. This is really important. I am getting to the age where wrinkles are starting to appear, I don't want them to be from frowning, but from laughing.
Ok, so those are just 5 of my many. Come on, you didn't expect me to share all of them did you? I gotta keep you hangin'!
Ok, one more...
6. To get some advertiser's on my bloggy! I want this to become a place of fun, of learning, and to increase my readership this year. So, I'm going to be working hard with this. That's just one of my MANY business goals. Maybe I'll share those another day.
Enough of that. Now it's time to PAR-TAY! I have some friends coming up tonight and we are going to play. So, have a safe and happy New Year and I'll see you on the flip side my friends.