Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Help.

I need an intervention desperately. I can't stop eating sugar. Specifically chocolate. I promised Jeremy I wouldn't make any Soda Cracker Candy*, so I bought all the ingredients and had my Mom make it for me. I ate a ton last night, and even more this morning.

Here was the scene in my kitchen this morning;

Seth: Mom, what's that?
Me: (stuffing my mouth) what?
Seth: That chocolate stuff!
Me: (mouth full with another piece) what chocolate stuff?
Seth: that chocolate SUGAR stuff that you're eating?
Me: (realizing that he can see me eating it) Candy.
Seth: I want some.
Me: (stuffing my face with yet another piece) NO.
Seth: Why?
Me: Because you can't have candy and chocolate for breakfast.

I know. It's a total double standard. I am sure that as Jeremy reads this he is thinking, "See?? This is why I don't want this stuff in our house!". But...I love it. I really have a problem. I need to give it all away. That way I don't feel quite so bad for having so much crap in my house. Yeah...that's what I need to do. And I'll only eat a couple, ok a dozen, pieces while I plate up the rest to giveaway.

And again...because misery loves company...

*Soda Cracker Candy Recipe

1 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1 C. butter
2 Tubes Soda Crackers
2 - 2 1/2 C. Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees/
Line 11x17 pan with foil -- rub with oil or spray with Pam. Line with crackers. In a small saucepan bring brown sugar and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Pour evenly over crackers. Place pan in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn off oven and remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Return to warm oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the chocolate. Spread chocolate on top, lick spoon when you're done, put the whole pan on the floor of garage (if you're lucky like me and live in an ice box, otherwise put it in your fridge). Break apart and store. Or eat it and deny completely to your children that you're eating anything good.

5 comments:

Nili said...

hahaha....I have a good friend that calls this stuff crack...cause you can't eat just a lil bit. Good luck with an intervention.

jodi peterson said...

Hey tell your Honey at least you did not drink a can of soda with it! HA HA! No one will intervene you know, we are all too addicted to various sorts of sugar. Mine......coke and a caramellow...yummy! Oh yeah...I eat it for breakfast if I can!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This sounds DELISH! I am the same way, too. NEED sugar.

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

I'll "help" you Kim - help you eat it! :)

Mama bee said...

Ooh, that sounds delicious. If I were in town I'd totally volunteer to take some off your hands.