Monday, October 20, 2008

Enjoy The Silence

When Jeremy and I were dating, I remember having a conversation with him. It went something like this;

K: "Do I talk too much?"
J: "No."
K: "Are you sure? Because sometimes I feel like I talk too much. You don't talk very much, I mean you do, but just not as much as I do, and that makes me think that maybe I talk too much. Do I talk too much?"
J: "You don't talk too much."
K: "But I talk more than you do, so I think that means I talk too much"
J: "I just don't talk unless I have something to say."

Ah. I totally GOT it when he said that. I talked to fill the silence. He talked to actually convey a message, not just to talk.

As the years have passed, I have found that I don't ramble nearly as much as I used to. I also have learned to enjoy the silence. Enjoy the time where it is just him and me, and we don't have to talk to fill the silence. Where we can just be.

I have also realized something else. With 3 little ones around...when there is silence, I treasure it. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does...SHHHHH!!!! I'm enjoying the quiet.

***Reminder*** Tomorrow this blog will be moved over to my new home at Blogger. Make a note of it, and I promise, this is the LAST time I'm moving!!! Tuesday Inspiration will be back with an AWESOME giveaway!!!

No comments: