Friday, August 29, 2008

37.3, 38.2, 39.1...???





I am now 36 weeks 5 days pregnant. If I were to have this baby the same time Emma was born, s/he would be born next Wednesday, and I'd be 37 weeks 3 days. S was born 38 weeks 2 days and A was born 39 weeks 1 day. I have said that my pattern states that this baby will be born at 40 weeks on the nose. My sweet husband doesn't agree. He thinks that it will fall on the average of the 3, which would be 38 weeks 2 days, September 9.
So...let's play a little game, shall we? You guess the date, time, weight, length and sex of the baby. Who ever is closest will win a prize. I can't say when you'll get said prize, or even what it will be...but games are always fun, aren't they?

Ok, here is some info about the others to help you form your opinion.

Emma - 37 weeks 3 days, 7 lbs. 8 oz., 10:35pm (water broke 8 pm, born via c-section for being footling breech).

S - 38 weeks 2 days, 9 lbs. 3 oz., 4:59 am.

A - 39 weeks 1 day, 7 lbs. 15 oz., 12:06 am.



Now, in knitting news.  I know, I've been promising pictures of my finished objects...well, wait no more, here they are!  I have socks and a hat done for baby, socks for A and a sock and a half for S.  His will be finished tonight (thank you Arrested Development!).  I think I may have to do more for A though.  I did a short row heel with hers and I really don't like them.  I don't like how they fit her...they are just funky on her little feet.  Luckily, I have some that I made for S when he was A's age, so she can wear those until I get her other ones done.


Baby socks...those were SO fun and easy to knit.  Why have I not done this before?!?!



Socks for the girl.  Like I said, I don't love them...that darn short row heel.  I love the yarn though.              All Things Heather, Winterberry colorway.  LOVE IT!



The Boy's socks.  I love these.  J's Grandma gifted this yarn to me, Fortissima Sock Yarn, and it is SO fun to knit with!  I've never done a self patterning yarn before and am loving it.  He loves them too (finally! I've knit something for him that he likes!!!)



Cute feet eh?  Yeah, they're nice, but this fall and winter they are going to be very cold.  That is why this knitter needs to get making some socks for herself!  I have lots of great sock yarn, and I've been debating about what I will use...you'll find out soon enough!


Now, in non-knitterly news.  We've had some surgery this last week.  Our kitties.  Yep, it was time, they reached the ripe old age of 4 months and it was time for them to get the old snip-snip.  I am too young to be a grandmother and I really firmly believe in controlling the pet population in the world.  So, we did our part, took them to the vet last Friday and they are slowly healing.  Ok, Sandy (our boy) is fine, he's back to 100%.  His sister, Gracie, on the other hand is struggling.  They didn't send us home with an E-collar for her, so I had to wait until Monday to get her one.  Long story short, they gave us the wrong size (too small) she has a nasty infection, and is on antibiotics.   Not fun.




As my mother-in-law put it, isn't it just the way it goes that the boy is better within a day and it is taking our sweet girl so long to heal??


Speaking of sweet girls...



She was cracking herself up sitting in the baby seat!



She came upstairs this morning telling me she was a cowboy.  She is some kind of cowboy...what a cutie!

No comments: