Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Holy Crap Batman!

So, I'm downstairs working on a sling and J says, "hey, come here!". We go into the kids playroom and he tells me there is a SWAT team outside with guns! I said, forget inside, I'm going out to see what's going on!

They were in the backyard of the house make that trailer, next door. I watched from the front window and when they all congregated in the front of the house, I went out and asked if there is something we should be concerned about. One of the guys came over and asked if I'd seen anyone there recently. I told him that thankfully, I think they got kicked out about a month ago. The only person I'd seen there was the landlord. He showed me a picture of someone and asked if that was a guy that I'd seen there. I told him yeah, he used to hang out there a lot. Apparently there is a warrant out for his arrest. I'm guessing he did something big with 10 cops coming after him!

I'm glad that I haven't seen any of them in a while, but still it was a bit freaky to see all those cops swarming the trailer next door at 9:30 at night!

Oh, and for those of you who don't know...no, we don't live in a trailer. In the town where we live, it isn't uncommon for a trailer to be in a residential neighborhood. It was built about 50 years ago, and is grandfathered in with the zoning laws. I hate it, and want to buy it so we can increase the property values of our entire neighborhood. Anyone want to donate to that fund? ;)

No comments: