Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Squared

This week is a week of celebrations, the first was my birthday on Monday. My folks were in town, so we had a good time eating good food, better cake and some awesome ice cream! I got some fabric and a pattern for a skirt from my kids, a rug for the living room in our new place from J (his b-day is on the 24th, so it's his gift also) and a beautiful quilt that my Mom made for us!!!

And in honor of this hot, steamy day (the shower that is...I am sick), I salute my husband. He heard this on NPR today, and I had to share it with you all. So here it is, a Tribute to Suburban Dads. I laughed, not only because it's funny, but because it's true.  And a little tribute to my wonderful husband.  As I mentioned above, I am sick.  It's not just pregnancy sick, but a horrendous cold.  My chest hurts, my back hurts, my head hurts, my throat hurts...really, you name it, it hurts.  Well, when I called J today at about 10:45 and asked him to please come home, he came straight home.  No complaints, even though he used one of his three sick days.  He let me sleep and took really good care of me and the kids.  He is the best.  I am so lucky.

The other man in my life, you know, the short one, has been telling me all day, "Happy Valentine's Day Mom". He even made me a card, well 2. The first one was from a deck of playing cards, the King of Diamonds. Then, he made me one with construction paper. He's too sweet. A is even joining in the act and saying, "Happy Va'tine's Day!". It's pretty cute.

Now for a meme. Heather tagged me and so I am obliged to play along ;) not that I mind of course!

How long have you been together? 7 years in June.

How long did you date? Let's see...we started dating in June and got married in October. So, not too long ;)

How old is he? 29 on the 24th.

Who eats more? Pre-first trimester, me. But, right now, it is definitely him, I can barely stand the thought of any food.

Who said "I love you" first? He did, but just because I made him.
Who is taller? He's 5'10" and I'm 5'7"ish

Who is smarter? Normally I say that J is, but I really know that we are just smart in different areas. I am very mathematically inept, but he can't public speak and doesn't know near what I do about birth and breastfeeding :)

Who does the laundry? I do. Sometimes I fold it too, and he puts it away. But, if there is too much that is piled up, we have laundry folding parties (he loves those!) and then we both put it away.

Who does the dishes? I unload, he loads. This is of course, when I am not sick.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do.

Who pays the bills? J does. Well, he actually has it all set up automatically, so it just gets done. I have told him more than once that he needs to write all of it down so if something happens to him, I can take care of the bills.

Who mows the lawn? 100% J.

Who cooks dinner? We're pretty equal. Lately it's been more him than me. I have terrible "morning" sickness at dinner time.

Who is more stubborn? We're both pretty stubborn. It depends on the issue.

Who kissed who first? J kissed me, but I had to help him a little bit with knowing that he better do it!!!

Who asked who out? Depends on what you classify as our first date. I asked him to go to Worlds of Fun with my family and I, and then like 3 weeks later he finally asked me out (after I showed up at his door to say hi)

Who proposed? J did. It was wonderful too :)
Who is more sensitive? Me.

Who has more friends? Me.

Who has more siblings? I do. i am 4 of 5 and he is 2 of 3.

Who are you tagging? Lori, Erika, Val, & Nicole. But, I would love to hear from all of you! :)

No comments: