Monday, November 26, 2007

A Good Read

Have you ever read a book that stuck so strongly with you that you couldn't stop thinking about it?  Maybe it was a movie you saw, but for me, it's usually books.  A good book will get to the very core of me, I will think of it for years.  Songs will make me think of the characters and I will be drawn back to that book again and again.

I just finished a book like this.  I read The Time Traveler's Wife when S was a baby.  It has stuck with me ever since.  Well, on our trip to Kansas for Thanksgiving, I listened to it on my iPod.  I so thoroughly love this story.  I want to be the characters, I am actually a little teary today, no only that my book is done, but because of what happened in the book.  I can't stop thinking about it.

If you are looking for a good read, something to really make you think, something to touch you so deeply, go out and get this book.  Audrey Niffenegger did a fantastic job with this book.

If I ever have a child named Henry or Clare, it's because of this book, I love it that much.

So....what are you reading?

No comments: