Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wow, today is September 11. I can't believe it's been 6 years already. I am sure that you all remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news. For me, I was at work. I went in early that morning, I had to interpret a parent-teacher conference. I was headed to the interpreter's office after the meeting when a student stopped me and told me that an airplane had crashed into one of the World Trade Center buildings. I couldn't believe it. The rest of that day is imprinted on my mind so deeply. Hearing more and more, yet trying to keep it quiet so as not to scare the elementary students. That night, I couldn't tear myself away from the TV. Jeremy and I were to be married in one month and I just cried for all of these young brides and mothers who were now without their husbands. I cried for all the children who lost their parents and all the parents who lost their children. I just cried. Today, I remember those who died. I honor those whose lives were lost and forever changed by this day. Today, I remember all of those whose Angel Day is today.

No comments: