Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Ergh. I had this great post this morning, and I a...

Ergh. I had this great post this morning, and I accidentally hit the power button with my foot and restarted the computer! >:( So...here I go again!

Happy New Year!!! My wish for all of you this year is that you will accomplish your personal goals and have lots of fun with your crafts...whatever they are! :)
As for me, here are my goals for the year:

1. Have more patience with my children, my spouse, and myself.
2. Be healthier. I am keeping this one pretty vague so that I will succeed!!! :D
3. Complete all the knitting projects that I want to do!!!

What projects are they, you ask?? Well...I will be HAPPY to tell (and show) you!

Currently, I am working on these Hourglass Eyelet Socks for my Mother-in-law for her birthday.














I am also making some Longies from Little Turtle Knits for A.














I am also making a Capelet for my Mom. She is a temple worker in the LDS Omaha, NE Temple. She often gets cold and asked for this. It's a fun and easy knit.















My dear friend Michelle, and her daughter Erin, have asked for Calorimetry's from the most recent Knitty. They are from Florida and are going to Wisconsin in March, then to NYC next December. So, I've decided on something very warm and very soft for them...alpaca!!! The gray is for Michelle and the purple for Erin.














And, I am also making one last Sophie Bag for my friend Jenn. Her daughter Chayce will be a very stylish 6 year old toting around this sassy bubblegum pink bag! :)















Now, you may be wondering how I keep all of this organized?? Well, my dear sweet husband was so good to me this year. He bought me these!



















While I think that he was just sick of my yarn being strewn about the house, he says that he did it for me.
He can be pretty convincing...that is until he asks me, "Now, you know what these are for right??? Why is there still stuff on top of them??". He just doesn't get it.

So, those are my projects for this month. Yep, this month. We'll see if I can get everything done. The other things I really want to do this year are....

1. Swing Thing for Miss A. What a great fall coat this will be for her!
2. Jaywalker socks for ME! I keep saying I am going to do these, but they just don't get done.
3. Some kind of socks for Jeremy. My sister-in-law, Stephanie, is getting a spinning wheel this week (YAY!!!) and she is going to spin some yarn and we will dye it to be crimson and blue self striping!!! Then, he will get the socks that he wants/needs/deserves!
4. King of All Wild Things for S. He is a wild thing and definately deserves this! You have to scroll down the page a bit to see this.
5. A dress for A (I haven't found the perfect pattern yet), a doll for each of them (hopefully birthday presents), leg warmers for A, and, well...anything else that comes to mind.

I think that will keep me busy for a bit. Oh! And, I'm doing a sock of the month club! :) It's more like a knitalong than anything. So, I will be doing one pair of socks every month. Hopefully it means I will have some presents ready for Christmas next year!!!

No comments: